Hi there, I’m Charlie Keum. A creative director with a background in design, user experience and product. The past 15 years have been a dream come true. Spent most of my twenties at digital agencies in New York City. Was a design lead and early inductee at Razorfish (1998). Creative director at FCBi and VML where I serviced clients in launching
their brand across web, mobile & social platforms. Founded Jumpmodo, where I launched a series of top selling apps in the sports and fitness category. Currently I am Head of UX & Design at iRGONOMIC, where I lead a team of talented designers and front end developers for brands and start-up clients.
charlie [ at ] charliekeum [ dot ]com
MOBIQUITY | CREATIVE DIRECTOR UX & DESIGN | April 2015 to July 2016
- Leading Mobiquity’s user experience practice in New York.
- Formalized process and delivery to ensure projects are on budget and schedule.
- Manage resourcing for Northeast Region including New York, Philadelphia, Boston, and Atlanta.
- Supervising a team of 11 user experience and design professionals for the Northeast region.
CAPTURE | CREATIVE DIRECTOR UX & DESIGN | June 2014 to April 2015
- Managed the launch of Capture’s responsive web and mobile marketing site.
- Coordinated efforts in content strategy, interaction design, user experience and visual design.
- Implemented workflows for UX, design, and marketing.
- Set expectations and project delivery with direct report to the executive leadership team.
iRGONOMIC | UX DESIGN DIRECTOR | January 2013 to June 2014
- Senior leader owning all aspects of UX, Strategy, Marketing, Design & Product.
- Accelerated new business growth from $160K to $3.2MM in billing in year 1.
- Manages UX Process and cross-functional alignment between business, development and design.
- Leads agile process in JIRA for team reviews, iteration work flows, and delivery.
- Owner for all content architecture, functional specification, wireframe, and BRD documentation
- Successfully leads client workshops customer journeys and digital planning.
Clients: TouchVision, CPA Global, Alexion, Merck, Boehringer Ingelheim, RCW, Mccann Worldgroup.
JUMPMODO | FOUNDER, HEAD OF PRODUCT | February 2011 to January 2013
- Founder and Head of Product of a mobile application development company.
- Managed all aspects of Product Management, UX, Marketing, and Partnerships.
- Established equitable deals with Kinsa Health, bMuse, Driven Inc., & PGA.
- Generated over 4MM global app downloads on iOS & Android.
- Media Marketing liaison with strong relationships with Apple, Tech Crunch & Mashable.
VML | CREATIVE DIRECTOR | March 2006 to February 2011
- Creative leader and visionary contributing $3MM in new business from Hershey’s & Goldman Sachs.
- Established growth of a 20-person division into a 67 person New York Agency.
- Creative, UX, and Flash mentor for internal teams.
- Led resource allocation, interviews, and team coaching.
FCBi | CREATIVE DIRECTOR | January 2002 to March 2006
- Lead creative for Motorola.com featuring Motorola’s suite of devices.
- Launched ONDCP Digital Campaign reaching 26MM views on a multi-channel initiative.
- Initiated brainstorm session, content development, and creative workshops.
RAZORFISH | DESIGN LEAD | May 1999 to January 2002
- Lead designer for Schwab.com
- Led design for Giorgio Armani site and Armani Exchange.
- New Business creative lead for winning Ford Motor Company.
PARSONS | BFA, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY | 9/1994 – 5/1998
MERITS / AWARDS:
- Globally featured App by Apple Corporation (1/17/2010)
- New and Noteworthy recognition by Apple (8/03/2010)
- Top Paid Sports App worldwide on iTunes (1/17/2010)
- 40th Top Grossing App worldwide on iTunes (1/17/2010)
- Gold Addy (Xerox Frugal Color)
- IAC Award (Xerox Frugal Color)
- W3 Gold (Xerox)
- Webby (Xerox, Adidas, ESPN)
- Cannes Lions Honorary Mention (Goldman Sachs)
- One Club Honorary Mention (UNHCR)
- Web Awards KC Regional Gold (Accenture.com)
- FCN Silver (Goldman Sachs)
- Cannes Bronze E-Commerce (ArmaniExchange.com)